Wednesday, May 30, 2012

MORE ATCs

At one stage of my stay in hospital, I did manage to get some ATCs made.
Some have already been sent some out to winners of our monthly lottery but these are the ones I decided to keep for myself.

The top 4 were made by cutting out ad images and letters from magazines. The bottom left one is the only existing one left made  before my accident, as the rest of them of that theme were destroyed in my car.It has a black tissue paper with gold swirls background, which I added the white dots to. To make matters worse, the other 11 were all different images and words!
The one on the bottom right was also made in hospital using paper background and images given to me by my dear friend Bevlea. It is the only one with my trade-mark 3D technique with the wings and her head being raised by using mounting tape.

9 comments:

bockel24 said...

as the first one says: spectacular! a creative mind just can´t stop creating, even under the worst circumstances ...

Glenda said...

So good to see you blogging again GF. Also to see the artwork again. So good to know you will be back home soon to your own stuff and AL :-) Keeping all my bits crossed for you too that all goes well. hugs Gxxxx

abby j said...

Thank the Lord you haven't lost your beautiful artistic senses...the cards are GREAT...although you've been through alot, some things never change. I'm thankful that THIS is one of them!!

YAY! You're BACK!!

xoxoxo,
Big Hugs,
Abby

Cathy L. Calamas said...

Fantastic ATC's!! I love that you used a butterfly for the hair bow and bow tie.

Bevlea said...

love your artwork GF, good to see you havent lost your touch :-)

Lucy said...

Great to see you creating again Barb.
Just goes to show that nothing, not even a huge accident, can stifle your creativity.
Hugs Lucy :)

Barb said...

Thankx to all of you wonderful ladies! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy just knowing that you care enuff to stop by my blog and leave such wonderfully encouraging words..not just about my ATCs but for me personally.
I can only hope that I will have the time and energy to continue creating when I get home....AFTER I move my STASH into my NEW STUDIO!!!! which has been getting built whilst I have been recuperating at my sisters'.

Marcy Smith said...

YIKES even under extremely poor circumstances you still managed to crank out some awesome work these are right up there with your best!!!

arttage said...

These are so cheerful and intense! I adore them as I have always loved your art! Love ya sweetie, Sanna