Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Key to The Past

Our Paperarts Yahoo Group's bi-monthly Mixed Media swap for June was Hanging Houses.
We made one for each participant and one for ourselves.
This is my offering.
It is approximately 7 inches tall...a WEE bit bigger than required so I hope I am forgiven for that. 
I used part of a COLLECTIONS die cut CHIPBOARD for the house and corrugated silver cardboard for the roof which I distressed with Alcohol Inks.
I printed vintage images onto transparency sheets, backed them with silver tape and adhered them to the back of the cut-out shapes.
I added copper wire for the hanger and a key charm.
There is a little image in the "washer" window frame which is hard to see here. 
It is entitled
"The Key To The Past"

                                 
   



2 comments:

Glenda said...

Wonderful house. Cant wait to see it IRL. Must be good to be amongst your own stash to play. Thank goodness you are able to :-)

Dayna Collins said...

I love this little house! Clapping with delight.