Saturday, August 18, 2012

BEEN PLAYING AGAIN!

Amongst all the busyness of my life at present, I have been able to find a few minutes of an evening to release my "mo-jo" and finish off the excess "Vintage Children" ATCs that were our last PaperArts  ATC swap.
I ran some of my rusted paper through the Cuttlebug to emboss them then distressed them a little more with Ranger  Distress Ink.
The old photo images were printed out on an adhesive backed transparency sheet, then I attached them to adhesive backed foil tape, which then gives the appearance of them being somewhat like the old "tin-type" photos.
I used slide folders on two of them, edged with copper tape and the third one is a tiny photo frame. I added a tassel to that one and vintage cotton lace to them all.


This next lot of ATCs were born from images and stash that has been even more cluttering up my work desk! However, anal retentive as I am, I couldn't stop until I had used all of my tiny frames that I have been hoarding FOR-EVA!!!







  





I cut up an old calendar to use for the backgrounds and used my new Bic texta type pens to add colour.

9 comments:

Glenda said...

They are bootiful GF. I must look for my vintage babies ?? not sure they arrived actually, but then again maybe they did. Does that sound like my desk needs cleaning LOL.
Glad to see you back into doing. hugzzzz

Cathy L. Calamas said...

You've been busy!! These are wonderful!! Love the rusted paper.

Debbi said...

Nice work...I love how you always end up making umpteen ATC's...I struggle with making one at a time!

Barb said...

Thanx to all of you for stopping by and leaving such nice cawments...much appreciated.Debbi, when I start on a theme, I get into the "zone" and can't stop until I run out of images/embellishments...LOL

Gaby Bee said...

These cards are gorgeous.

Hugs, Gaby

Debbi said...

It's very clever how you did the 'tin type' photoes. Nice thinking!

Gaby Bee said...

I just wanted to send along some wishes for a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Hugs,
Gaby

Barb said...

Thank you Gaby...and I return your good wishes...I do hope you have a wonderful and peaceful Christmas and nothing but the best of times in the new year.

Anonymous said...

lovly love it so much ;)