Thursday, February 07, 2013

NOT DOING MUCH ARTING, but....?

I'm afraid I have been neglecting my blog for some time now but life has been hectic around me for a few months. 
However, I have managed to enter a couple of our  paperarts group's ATC swaps and am working on making some other swap items.

         This first ATC is from December last year. 

         The theme of the swap was "Steampunk Women".
At the time of this swap, I was still unable to use scissors as I      
   had had an operation on my hand so this one is a digitally
     compilation with rusty cogs and other findings added. 

 This month,January 2013, our theme was black and white only
   "Zentangles", which was a bit of a challenge to us all. 
    But it certainly took us out of our comfort zone of
                    "cut and paste" ATCs.
I apologise for such a long way to scroll but I used to be able to upload pics and display them side by side but for some reason known only to blog-land, they will now only load one below the other. 

                  





At first glance, each of the same design may appear to look the same as it's corresponding ATC but I found it difficult to make them EXACTLY the same so I decided to pop them all up here so the
                     differences can be seen.

6 comments:

Glenda said...

Cool as Barb, and yes I know what you mean about blogger not letting us load side by side anymore, very irritating.
Big hugs to you on this anniversary week of the horrific time this time last year. So glad you are still around to share art with and to bug us and us to bug you, you beautiful demented diva

bockel24 said...

Sooooo good to see you back, I´ve missed you and have been quite worried ... I love that Steampunk lady, and the first two Zentangles really have some depth in them - I´m not a fan of Zentangling, but this effect is fabulous.

Lucy said...

Verrrry nice Barb!
Hugs Lucy

Mary Walker said...

This is a one time contact, as a follower of my blog I'd like you to know that the web address has changed to http://marywalkerartist.blogspot.com/ some bookmarks may need to be updated. Thank you for your support and interest in what I share!
Mary Walker

Beansieleigh said...

Beautiful work.. And not to worry. I don't mind scrolling at all! (0; I'm now officially a follower! Nice meeting you and hope you're enjoying the weekend! ~tina

Deann said...

Steampunk and zentangles two of my favorites and you are fantastic at both...beautiful work.