Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Mixed Media Wall Hanger


This is something else I made whilst in hospital recently.

I used a quarter of a fabric table napkin as the background, and added an image of Lina (again..vbg) that I printed onto Calico, stitching it in place by adding other forms of embellishments, which I have described in the close-up info under this.

I wandered out into the beautiful hospital grounds to search for, and found, the right twig to use as the hanger, which I anchored to another twig, hidden in a pocket at the top, with copper wire, and finished that off with wire coils,made by winding the wire around a darning needle.

I added feathers and three glass flower beads on coiled copper wires to the bottom of the hanger.

Click on images to enlarge.

3 comments:

Keron Lee said...

lovley piece, well done - glad to see you are feeling a bit better hugs x Keron

Barb said...

Thanx Keron...on both counts

Lucy said...

Beautiful piece Barb.
Hugs Lucy