Thursday, September 03, 2009

QUEEN BEE


This is August's bulk swap ATC. The theme was Bees.

I compiled the image in Photoshop and added eyes cut from a magazine. It is on a painted watercolour paper background, stamped, using Brilliance Copper ink to represent honeycomb.

Her wings have a thin coat of Stickles and her crown and ear-ring have red Kindy Glitz dots. Her back wing is 3D raised on mount tape.

There were not as many in the swap as expected so I have three of these available to trade if anyone is interested.

14 comments:

artbeckons said...

I love this! And I'd love to trade if you still have one left... and want something of mine =)

Glenda said...

Shes "bee" utiful BArb

Anonymous said...

Oh how unique! You have the most wonderful ideas that I want to borrow! Love it!

Mary Wilkins

Barb said...

Thanx ladies....Beckie...show me your cards...vbg...and Mary... is there anywhere I can see your art?

Margaret Weiss said...

Lovely Bee ATC Barbie!!!! Cant wait to receive my set! Margaret Weiss.

Barb said...

Thanx Marg...you should have them by Tuesday

Unknown said...

This is so cool! I think that is Marie Antoinette peeking behind those eyes:)

Have a wonderful day!
XXX
Becky

Anonymous said...

Barb,

You can check out my art at the Artchix Yahoo site if you belong.
Or you can find me as one of the artists for a couple of the Chixies
swaps this past year at Helga's store. I don't have my own computer, nor am I on flikr. I am a newbie to the game. This year is number 2 of my art swapping.

Mary Wilkins

Jen xo said...

She's wonderful! love it...jenxo

artbeckons said...

Barb, I have an album on Flickr of ATC's on hand to trade... or I will make one for you if you'd like something different: http://www.flickr.com/photos/elysian68/sets/72157604393503590/

Barb said...

Becky, Mary and Jenxo..thanx for popping in. and yes...it is a pic of Kirsten Dunsten as Marie A...pretty girl!

Robin said...

This is just fa"bee"lous!!

Kate Carvellas said...

Oh...so cool and a little creepy! LOVE IT!! Great job Barb!

Eliza said...

Just doing a huge blog catchup and well spotted this one, she is a beauty, I love it Barb.