
Yesterday, I joined in by proxy with my dear friend Bevlea,Lucy, Glenda and Elizabeth..all at Bevlea's, to experiment with one of Kelly Rae Roberts projects from her book "Taking Flight" ( Wagga Wagga is 6 hours away from Bevlea's house...too far for a day trip...even for a crow..vbg)
I struck a disastrous hiccup though when I burnt my clay pieces, so I thought I was going to have to get some more clay today to re-do them.(TIP: never get engrossed in other things when cooking polymer clay!)
However, I saw them in a different light today and decided that I could resurrect them by painting them over.
I had planned on using a canvas board as the base and infact, had one ready to go, but I found a piece of old pine, almost the correct, size out amongst my "treasures" in the back shed, and decided to use it instead, as Kelly herself had used a piece of wood.
It's a little off square but I think that adds to it's character,and I like the way it stands without support.
I am not very good at "copying", so my finished project is well and truly tainted with my own style, altho' you should be able to see Kelly's ideas as the base of the work.
13 comments:
Barb,
Love it, it looks fantastic and I hope you enjoyed your time crafting with us from a distance.
Hugs Elizabeth
Just had a look, here. Well saved GF. Now why didn't I think of that for you last night when talking to you LOL.
Its great, and I enjoyed the play with Bevlea, Lucy and Eliza too.
Cheers
Glenda
This is fantastic, love the background. I'm also inspired by Kelly Rae Roberts' paint work, it's lovely.
Diana
Barb, I love this piece. Nice work. Susan
Lovely resurrection, Barb! I´ve read Kelly´s book just recently so I see what your techniques are based on - hope I´ll have the time to try some of her tips myself after Christmas!
Barb,your KRR effort looks great.
Amazing what one can do when a cooking disaster hits!
Hugs Lucy
Love it, Barb!!
Thanx every one...I feel I shall be using that kind of background fairly often.
I believe we are tackling the fabric project from her book next.. I hope I don't muck IT up.....altho', if I do, I have a humongous stash of fabric to fall back on...LOL
Trust you not to follow a recipie without tweaking it LOL... love your peice though as you say to me "its very 'you' vbg"
Love all the texture and shapes going on in the background Barb! Thanks for the nice card too, much appreciated. ;-)
Yes Bevlea...I can't help myself....gotta have part of ME there too...LOL
Kelsey... I love all those textures too...as you can see, I added a few of my own..as well as "keeping the doll theme" going...can't help myself!!!....LOL
you are always inspirational Barb
Post a Comment