Thursday, June 18, 2009

TREE of LIFE


I have finally gotten around to up-dating here... where does the time go??? Monday comes around and before we know it, Friday has arrived!!
Of course, it doesn't help when your PC is not co-operating either!
I changed my Anti-virus application and it fouled up my modem, but eventually my nice providers helped me with it and we are back in action! When things like that happen it makes one realise just how much one relies on this monster!

This is an altered Papier Mache torso that I did for a swap. I used twigs from my Jacaranda tree for the "wings" and Sphagnum Moss for the nest. I applied Golden's Texture Paste for the grass, and the leaves are a type of satinny ( is there such a word..vbg)ribbon that I bought on-line somewhere....and wish I could remember where! I shaved the twigs ends to sit flat on the torso, then applied them with Golden's Heavy Gel. It is finished off with some copper coloured Rub-ons, which I outlined with dots, and then finally, a coat of Royal Coat Decoupage Sealer.

16 comments:

kelsey said...

Gorgeous Barb! Love the real branches. ;-)

Sandra Wright. said...

Wow, this is fabulous, it really is great, I could never of thought of making something as clever.The colour of the torso is lovely too.

Hugs Sandie

rosebudinnh said...

Wow LOVE,LOVE IT......... Barbra ,wonderful !!!! Rose

bockel24 said...

This is such a wonderful piece, Barb!!

lisa_crofts said...

Really nice barb! I love the colour and the whole feel of the piece.

Barb said...

Thank you ladies... I wasn't too sure about leaving the "trunk" blue but I think it turned out OK.

Eliza said...

Barb,

I looooooooovvve it, can I have it please? pretty please.

Elizabeth

artbeckons said...

Barb, this is soooo cool! Fabulous work =)

Artseyanne said...

Fantastic Barb, love it!

Barb said...

Thanx ladies...pleased you like it.

Kate Carvellas said...

oh barb...this is fantabulous! Just lovely! I may have to come to Australia and steal it..just like I was going to steal that great dresser you found!! heeheehee!!

Therese D in Oz said...

WOW Bard. THat is just gorgeous! So stunning and such a wonderful idea too. Thanks for the inspiration.

Therese D in Oz said...

Sorry Barb, I should spell check first :)

KV Creative Designs said...

This is GORGEOUS!!!

Artful Blessings,
Kathryn

Linda Jo said...

Oh I love this. And I have that ribbon. Love it, love it, love it.

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

My friend, Linda, who I see commented just before me said I just had to come for a visit....SO glad I did, I am having the best time admiring your artwork. Your variety of talent and interest is so inspiring.

This altered torso is brilliant, every detail is a total delight!

Greetings from Virginia, USA :)