Sunday, June 28, 2009

WEEKEND PLAY


I don't know how it happened that I found time to "play" this weekend as I have a "patient" in the house...my hubby...with a cold!
How many men do you know that aren't sicker than the rest of us??? Why is this so? Can there be an answer for this? EVER!??
But...I digress... thanx to a friend in the Newcastle area,I was experimenting with a sheet of foiled card-stock, sold as temporary splash-backs for greasy areas, in one of our $2/el-cheapo shops for $2 a sheet, measuring 54cms by 75cms, so if it does what I want it to, it will be MORE than a bargain!
I ran a piece thru' the Cuttlebug to emboss it, then coloured it with Alcohol inks.
As I have said before, I always have "stuff" on my desk, so I made up a couple of ATCs using the inked foil as the background, using some of the "stuff".
The first one has gold Rub-ons, Gold German Scrap border, rubbed with Treasure Gold and I cut a gold, metal filigree embellishment in half for the halo. I used Kindy Glitz for the dots above the points.

The other inked foil BG made me think of water so, after adding some white (gesso) circles using a pen lid as a "stamp", I added an Artchix Collage Sheet mermaid and a fish images to it, then some wired plastic leaf trim, a piece of Gold German Scrap for her "crown", Kindy Glitz on her tail and bust, and for the stars on the wings, I used a white Gel pen.I went around the image shape with a metalic gold pen and used Gold Kindy Glitz around the edges of the ATC.

This third one came into being because I not only had another mermaid and a fish image handy, but I also had the BG with the fish on the right already on it, and some stamping done as well.
I Kindy Glitzed her tail and bosom and some of the stamped dots, then added a silver washer to the fish's eye.
The words for all came from a sheet of words,also at the ready .
And...I just realised that none of them have a 3D effect!!!... How unusual for me...amazing!LOL

16 comments:

Barb said...

thanx oh beautiful one!...

Linda B said...

oh they are terrible, you better send them to me VBG xxx

glad to see you are getting to play...no possums but sick hubby, not good

Lady Di said...

I agree with Linda B, you better send one of those terrible ATCs to me ... (I love them, great job). I'm going to have a hubby home on Wednesday recovering from an operation ... 2 weeks recovery I'm told ... can I scream now???
Diana

Sandra Wright. said...

Stunning Atcs,cleverly done too as to me they do look 3D in the picture.

Hugs Sandie x

Barb said...

Linda,Di and Sandie...thanx for stopping by..I appreciate your comments too.
Sandie... I guess thetexture of the Kindy Glitz gives them a raised appearance.
Di... I wish you luck with your patient next week...vbg

Glenda said...

Hey Barb, and the third one belongs in my house LOL. Well done. I love them all.
Sick hubby, no good...... Hope he's better quick. (Hey Al, good wishes coming your way from me)

artbeckons said...

All lovely! Great job of creating an underwater feel for your mermaids - and I love the "oceanography" hat =)

bockel24 said...

Cool mermaids!

Denise said...

These are gorgeous Barb ! I to could find a home for them.

Blogger said...

Uh-oh... these cards are bringing out my Inner Critic BIG TIME! fMy cards are so different! Do they really qualify as ATCs? ya-da-ya-da-ya-da...

I need to keep repeating this mantra:
Art is in the eye of the beholder...

Art is in the eye of the beholder...

Art is in the eye of the beholder...

Art is in the eye of the beholder...

AND... I'd like to "behold" one of these in my house!!!
Thanks for doing this to remind us all of the need to honor the effort that we all put into our work!

Cindy Peck
http://www.flickr.com/photos/20946619@N04/

Kate Carvellas said...

Just lovely Barb!! The mermaid ones make me want to sing "Octopus's Garden" by the Beatles! :-)

Helen said...

Love your undersea beauties!
Thanks for sharing. The Glitz is fabu!
Helbo

Helen said...

Lovely SeaLadies! Glitz is new to me. I do love the effect.
Helbo

Barb said...

Glenda, Beckie,Denise,Marion,Cindy Kathy and Helen (twice...vbg)...thank you all for taking the time to view and comment on my work.
Good luck in the draw.

ScaryCheri said...

ohhh I love the mermaids you do, that kindy glitz on the tails is so cool. Glitzy scaley effect. I am a fisher woman so love the fishy paper especially. Well done. Hugz, Scary

Kathy said...

Just lovely ... all of them.. have never seen this Kindy Glitz.. sure adds alot of bling.. will have to look for this..lol
thanks..
Kath