Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Art with Friends

Back in late January, two of my friends came up from Melbourne to stay with me for a few days.
We had a wonderful time arting and just enjoying each others company in general.

We decided to create a canvas each in the style of a Pam Carriker's workshop, "An Angel's Anthology".




Here are the two of them doing their best to look like they are working hard on their projects....LOL










This is my attempt ...I think it could have been a bit more blue in tone but I like the textures that we incorporated.The crackling was a bonus of using Gesso that was old and dried out....quite a bonus really!
This is a closeup of the crackling...would be good if it happened more often on other work.




This is the cover I made for everyone's PaperArts group "Night Before Christmas" book swap.
Hand made/painted paper background.

4 comments:

bockel24 said...

Wow, Barb, that book cover looks great, and it seems you´ve had fun with your workshop - I´m a big fan of Pam Carriker and love what you´ve made here.

Barb said...

Thanx Marion.

Glenda said...

Your cover is fantastic. I love it.

Lucy said...

Had a wonderful time with you & Bevlea in Wagga Wagga, hopefully we can get together again sooner rather than later.
Hugs Lucy