Tuesday, January 13, 2009

'TIS A SAD DAY!


I know it's a bit late to be talking about Christmas but I forgot to put this up at the time and my GD is busting to see herself on the computer....vbg.

Today, my 8 year old grand-daughter got to demolish the Gingerbread House that she and I assembled before Christmas,and then she ate Hansel and Gretal and the old witch!

I ate the peppermint flavoured M&Ms...very yummy!

The back was decorated with them as well so there were plenty to munch on.

The gingerbread itself was rock hard ...we probably could have kept the whole thing until next year...if I knew the ants wouldn't attack it...vbg.

I bought it as a kit from Aldi's and we only had to assemble it by mixing up some icing and decorating it with some of the supplied goodies .

We added the green M&Ms to the house and a gold star at the top of the tree.

It really looked great on our dinner table and she was as proud as punch!

5 comments:

bockel24 said...

What a surprise - I didn´t know that you have Aldi in Australia!! Wow, these guys must be even richer than I´ve thought (and they ARE among Germany´s richest people ...).

Kate Carvellas said...

Oh my gosh..you all must have had so much fun! It cracks me up that she ate the witch and Hansel & Gretel! The house is (was):-)great!

Barb said...

Marilyn...we are about to get an Aldi store here in my home town....they plan on having 700 of them in Australia.

Barb said...

Yes Kathy...I thought it was ironic that she ate them first....LOL.
If I was a kid I would have liked to save them ..forever...LOL

~*~Patty S said...

What wonderful memories you've created with your precious gd, the house is just so charming, fun that you got to nibble on it as well! You gals are making me curious here in the US about Aldi, never heard of it before :)