
In the light of the interest shown in my last lot of Mermaid ATCs, (scroll down to see them) and the fact that some viewers would like to have one or another in their hot little hands, I have decided to have a LOTTERY for THIS latest ATC, shown HERE on the right. However, there is a WEE LITTLE catch to it...which I shall explain after giving you a description of the ATC....vbg.
She is another of Artchix Collage Sheet Mermaids which I modified by removing her original wings and adding mine, which are actually...wait for it...3D...LOL...and again "Blinging" her tail, and ample bosom, up with red Kindy Glitz.
She is reclining on the sandy bed of the ocean, watching the local population go by. The "sand-bed" is actually made up of those little silica beads that we find in packets in items that we buy. The BG paper has Stazon and embossed swirl stamping and the right edge is finished off with some German Scrap that I rubbed over with some Alcohol ink. Then an edge of Green Kindy Glitz finished this little lady off.
Now...on to the LOTTERY part of this exercise!...LOL.
Remember I said there will be conditions????
Well...here they are!
This afternoon I added to my blog a commentary about the general public leaving...or the lack of leaving...comments on people's blogs.
To be eligible to be in the LOTTERY, I would like you to read these words of Jessica Wesolek's and leave a comment THERE under her commentary BELOW THIS post, about YOUR thoughts on this matter AND THEN to leave one here under the MERMAID ATC.
I will draw a winner via RANDOM ORG on SATURDAY 4th JULY so please leave your email address along with your comments so I know where to post the MERMAID ATC to.
REMEMBER...you MUST leave a COMMENT AT both POSTINGS!
That is...one AT THIS post and one at the post BELOW here.
If you want to be in the lottery draw you will need to leave your contact information .
GOOD LUCK!!
46 comments:
Hi Barb, you are so funny having a lottery to get your card ... and of course I'm the first one in. I'm now on my way to the other blog to leave a comment ... keep smiling, Diana.
Beautiful ATC. The winner will be proud to have this amongst their collection.
As per my other post, please do not include me in the draw. Thanks.
And just for fun today's word verification is: reases
As I said in the previous post Barb, very interesting reading.
I am guilty of not leaving comments, not because I don't care, but generally because I don't know the person, altho I do sometimes leave one on someones I dont know.
Good morning Barb! I stopped by the other site and was not able to leave a message. I tried several different places to leave a comment and it appears to be down. You must have drummed up so much interest that now it's broken! Ha! Ha!
Love your mermaid and the colors that you've used. Thank you for letting us know how you made her.
I think the reason that some don't leave comments when they stop by is because they can be window peekers. They don't have to let anyone know they were there...just stopping in for the view! : )
Christy Laudig
laudigs at embarqmail dot com
Hi Barb ...Another beautiful ATC and thankyou for finding time to explain how you achieved it!
Love your mermaid and would love to win it!! I did leave a comment on the other post and now here. You have a very nice blog and I love your heading!!
Hi Barb, I have taken the no-lurking vow and promise to be more active and vocal.
love your work all of it, very inspirational, keep up the good work and thanks!! Sof
Awwwwwwwwww Barb, I forgot to leave a cawment about the ATC. I love it. You are a clever lady. It will be a proud additon to my ever growing collection of wonderful ATC's
Another great Mermaid ATC, Barb! I´d love to see that glitzy stuff in real life, I´ve never seen it here in Europe.
Another lovely ATC! Thanks for sharing Jessica's comments - very thought provoking... and I've bookmarked her great website too =)
I think this is a great topic, because I also feel that people are not sharing enough. It's not supposed to be a vacuum! And the card is gorgeous, by the way!
Cute, cute ATC.
Great debate issue! And wow what a great ATC! I hope I win it!
Love and Light, stephanie
joyuslion@comcast.net
www.joyuslion.com
Barb, your mermaid is wonderful and I would be thrilled to receive it in your draw! Thanks again for the thought-provoking article - it seems to be creating some lively discussion and that's the point right? :)
Cindy :)
Cindy @ artchixstudio.com
Unique ATC, Barb. Love your texture as well as unusual alterations. I always love what you do!!
Hugs,
Abby
Wonderful work of art on your ATC and your blog! First time here, saw many names of artists I have exchanged ATC's and Journals with.
Fun to learn new how to's, like inks on the German scrap to change color and what to do with those packages of silica beads, Very creative!!!! Love the idea of a giveaway to bring people to your site!
ginag
ginagoodling@yahoo.com
Comments in two places? Hmmm....
I love this piece and hope to be drawn. You went all out with the interesting materials you used - and it's a winner in my book.
Thanks for the tip about the silica crystals. Great idea. I love your elegant ATC. When I went swimming as a little girl I used to pretend I was a mermaid.
Please include me in the lottery.
Gorgeous! Please, please, throw my name in the hat!
Oh....I want her here with the rest of my Barb originals!!! heeheehee!! She's beautiful! Congrats on your first ever blog giveaway! I hope I win! vbg!!
What fun, Barb - tying the 2 posts together for your lottery!
Your ATC's beautiful ... and a reminder that I need to get doing more myself.
I am guilty of reading and not commenting, even though I have responses and yet do not share them.
I enjoy getting responses and you would think I would respond with that in mind.
I admit that lunch hour reading does not leave much time to respond and no, I do not only browse on my lunch hour.
So I guess it just takes a little nudge like this to make us all think and respond.
I had never thought of wearing a boat as a hat, but I guess living underwater makes all kinds of things possible. (grin)
I am inspired to go make some mermaid art. I have some pictures and ephemera, all I need is the time to put them to use.
Linda Kerby
Hello Barb, This is a beautiful ATC! I would love to have it in my collection. Thanks for the explanation of how you did it too!
Laura
Hi Barb,
After reading my long post on Jessica's article, I hope you don't fall asleep this short note. ;) Of course, I would love to receive your mermaid ATC -- thanks for the great chance! :) She is adorable -- you made a great job for sure. By the way, if you are interested in digital ATCs (I also make regular ones, but these days lean more to the digital variation), you might want to check out my blog. :)
Happy creating,
Birgit
swappinghowdies@yahoo.de
Oh she is a raving beauty Barb! I don't leave enough comments on blogs as I am always busy, I do however leave way more then are left on my blogger! So my Carma is still good! Sanna
What a beautiful card! Anyone would be proud to add it to their collection. Again I'm new to blogging and just hadn't taken the time to sign up to google until now. Thanks for the motivation. And thanks to you I will start commenting instead of just visiting all the different blogs.
jspohn57@yahoo.com
What a beautiful ATC! I am a texture junkie and I just want to reach through the 'puter to touch! LOL! Anyway, I am fairly new to blogging and it took me a couple months to figure out how to comment back to people who have left comments on my blog, so now I am religious about answering people back. It's just the polite thing to do.
Terrie
This is my first visit to your blog...your mermaid cards are gorgeous! Thanks for bringing the whole point about leaving comments to our attention. I'm sure there are many reasons why people don't comment or participate...hopefully reading the two posts will encourage all of us to comment more. Thanks for the nudge!
Linda
What a beautiful ATC...love, love, love it...so creative! Love the glittery nipples, tee hee! Thanks for the chance and thanks for stopping by our little 'Mad' adventure too, what fun it was to have you there!
Jamie :)
Thank you Barb for this post and for the chance to win this wonderful creation. I haven't been to your blog before, but I am sure glad to have been invited. I haven't made a mermaid as I can recall, so I am inspired by yours.
Please come for a visit to my blog at http://sunshinelollipopsandbutterflies.blogspot.com/
and oh yes, I love comments! Gigi
Love this card. Great ideas. I left my comment on the other blog. very thought provoking and a good wake up call. I'll be visiting again.
Have a sunny day!
I would love to be the winner of this gorgeous little siren. I am off to leave a comment on the previous post.
Rob K
One of my absolute favorite images from ARTChix and done in such a unique way! And I have commented at the other part of the blog. I think I will come here often.
Mary Wilkins
marymarg27608@yahoo.com
This ATC is so lovely. Apparently Glitz is not easily found in the US. I do like that Glitz has a vintage finish, Stickles looks like glitter glue in comparison.
Anyway, you have made some sweet mermaids!
Helbo
Hi Barb,
Me thinks your ATC is simply stunning and I would love to be included in your lottery.
Hugz......
Oh Barb, your mermaid is wonderful.
I have come to visit your blog on and off when dial up co-operates, LOL
I would love to win this beautiful ATC. Now off to comment on the post concerning people not posting comments.
I am a new blogger...if you care to please visit me at
www.harmonyroadstudio.blogspot.com
Hope to see you there, Lesley
I love the way you have drawn the whole together, colourful vivid, unusual.
Will be back to see more art.
Barbara Morrison
b.morrison@chello.nl
OMG Love your work!!
Your mermaid card is beautiful,
Thank you for sharing your techniques.
A fabby card for someones collection!!
I'm a new blogger, and love it when someone leaves a comment for me, so will try harder to leave more comments for everyone else :)
Jan
smiffyjan at yahoo dot com
http://jansartyatcjourney.blogspot.com/
I visited the other day and forgot to leave my blog name.
http://barbsartyblog.blogspot.com/
I would love you to visit my blog if you have time.
I am also a Barb.
Every time I see the card I start to drool and would love to win...
Look forward to more.
Bye,
Barbara
I did read your posting last week and commented on it.
I usually post comments, but it made me more aware of posting every time.
Barbara Morrison
http://barbsartyblog.blogspot.com/
Your mermaid card is beautiful. Great idea for using the FREE silica that so often gets thrown away. Something else for me to recycle, now.
Please pick me...oh please, please, pretty please with chocolate on it.
That's it for the begging.
Thanks for sharing.
Hmmm... I don't see the comment I posted in the list below, so here I go again.
That mermaid is just dying to swim to Greensboro and stay in my house!
Hi Barb! I'm not here in time for the atc lottery. I tried once before, but couldn't get in to leave a comment. I'm one of those poor souls with dial-up so sometimes it just won't do it! Anyway, I love your blog. I'm on blogspot too and would love to know where/how you find and put on all the wonderful extra..clock, crow, etc. I haven't even figured out how to move things around yet. Just loaded my steampunk atcs yesterday and they're stuck all cattywampus and I don't know how to get them to straighten up and fly right! LOL....Thanks for a very interesting blog. AND your mermaid atc is lovely. That was a good idea to use the silica...why do't I ever think of these things????? :)Lorna
danceswithtrees.blogspot.com
Thanx to all of these people for finding the time to add thier comments... I wish you all could have won!
Watch out for another one down the track...
This is a fun way to give away your card without having hard feelings. And it's for a good cause - encouraging people to respond to others' efforts is part of the artistic credo, I think.
Post a Comment