
We all selected our own theme and each participant made a 5 inch X 7 inch page up for everyone, which the recipient then makes into a book.
This one's theme is "Nature".(Yeah..I know...it's a bit "fishy" but that's nature isn't it?)
Using silver thread and a wavy stitch, I attached some sheer, shiny fabric to the base fabric, which is cotton with a fleck of silver thru' it, I attached the fish, which are cut from a piece of fabric that I have had stashed away for yonks...(NEVER, NEVER throw anything away...you never know when you are going to want it!!...vbg)...and then stuffed them with Dacron filling to make them raised from the base fabric. They have glass beads for eyes and pearls and glass beads for the water bubbles.
I used yarns for seaweed and floral fabric for coral. I attached some Cinamay strips to the bottom of each side, then added some of those wonderful silicone beads that I used on the mermaid ATCs to represent sand.
18 comments:
Barb, these are really awesome - I love them! You did a terrific job =)
Thanx Beckie... you ALWAYS seem to be the first to cawment...and that I appreciate as much as your cawment...vbg
Ooooooh! You've created magic! All of the details are magnificent! Hugs, Terri
Wowzers! Barb, They are lovely. I love all the texture...really cool. Thanks so much for sharing.
I KNEW there was a reason I've still got all my fabrics from the old days when I used to do the cloth dolls!!! I can give away my boxes of lycra as I'll never sew another costume again but somehow I just can't part with the patterned cotton stuff!
Oh Barb, I looked at them up close and personal and they are lovely and so detailed. And yes, I don't throw anything that I do art with away.
Mary Wilkins
Wow, Barb! They're fantastic!
WOW!...thanx for all the great cawments ladies...but ya know what?...when I look at it now I can see where I could have improved and where I could have added another element...or two...vbg
hi barb, now come on admit it, you really did enjoy working with fabric again vbg. Love your fishy pages!
Hello...I have given you an award for your brilliant and very addictive blog..please visit my blog to recieve It.
Donna
Mary... I can't agree totally... I still love making ATCs but I can't bring myself to toss the fabrics out either...LOL
Donna...thanx for the huge
cawmpliments...I am honoured with your award!
Thank you for dropping by today. Your artwork is really cool, and your blog header is awesome! Thanks for your compliments and for signing up to follow me! ~Nan
wonderful fun filled blog...lots of information and inspiration
this is my first visit!...from lilymelba.com blogs award post..
great pages!!! and technique share.
These are so beautiful- enjoyed viewing up close too! I'm inspired now to do some fabric journal pages- I need more hours in the day! Enjoyed viewing your wonderful blog Barb!
Oh..these are terrific Barb...Makes me wish I could actually dive into them and go for a swim!! Great work!
Kathy.Lori, Mar and Nan...thank for dropping by and leaving such nice cawments.
Barb,
Trully amazing and so detailed, love them.
Thanx Elizabeth....pleased you dropped by.
Post a Comment