Thursday, August 06, 2009

I've been challenged..

I was checking out Moriah's blog today....sorry Moriah, I'm a little behind in doing so... where I discovered I was up for a Blog challenge! I was instructed to go to the 4th folder in "My Photos" and then post the 4th photo in that folder here and tell a little bit about it.
So, here it is...pretty boring old stuff really but I must do as I'm told...vbg.

This is a mixed media paper doll (bird) that was made for a swap. She was to go to a participant over in America, but some how she flew off course and never arrived at her destination!
She was about 6 inches tall, self supported on her wire legs, with a tiny woven vine nest which has three REAL candy coated chocolate eggs in it. I painted them with acrylic and then sealed them with a lacquer, adding tiny diamantes to them at that time.
There is a garland of lead crystals surrounding the nest and some also on the wire hanger. Unfortunately they don't show up in all their glory here. There are also tiny copper stars attached to the garland
Her wings are feathers off a vintage 1950's lady's hat and she has a brass crown, surrounded by Christmas icicle-garland spikes.
So now it is my turn to pass this challenge on to 4 other Bloggers....I do hope they take it up...and no cheating ladies...vbg.

Bevlea Ross http://soularts.typepad.com

Marion Bockelmann http://bockel24.blogspot.com

Diana O'Cobhthaigh http://docobhthaigh.blogspot.com

Lucy Leatham http://artitudebylucy.blogspot.com

11 comments:

bockel24 said...

Oh, I still love your birdie, Barb, and it´s so sad that she never showed up!
I don´t understand the "4th folder" thing, could you explain that to me?

artbeckons said...

I remember this birdie and it was so lovely! I think Letha still hopes it will eventually fly her way someday with some interesting tales to tell of her misguided adventures =)

Barb said...

yes...the poor dear is probably exhausted by now...flying that distance for so long!
Beckie...I hope Letha has not been holding her breath all this time...she would be about to explode!LOL

Margaret Weiss said...

Birdie is gorgeous. Love her. She is too precious to let fly away to lands so far away! Margaret Weiss
http://margaretweiss.blogspot.com

Lucy said...

I have accepted & executed your challenge!!
Hugs Lucy

Terri Kahrs said...

Barb, how sad that this gorgeous bird couldn't find it's new nest! Good thing you took this wonderful picture. Thanks so much for sharing!

Thanks for leaving such a nice comment on my blog 'cuz it brought me to this wonderful post! Now I'm hooked and I've got to follow! LOL Hugs, Terri

Barb said...

Marg,Lucy and Terri..thanx for popping in..hope to see more of you...vbg

Linda Jo said...

I love this!

Laura Haviland said...

Fabulous, really love this.
Hugs, Laura.

Barb said...

Thanx for stopping by and leaving your cawments Linda and Laura...much appreciated.

Kate Carvellas said...

OMGosh Barb!! I wish this birdy would somehow finds it's way to California!! LOL!! I think it is beyond cool...and I wants it!! LOL!! Sooo sad she got lost on her way! Glad this is the "folder" that got chosen!! VERY cool piece of artwork!!