Thursday, April 07, 2011

Some Mixed Media Art Dolls

Recently I was in a swap  to make a mixed media art doll from recycled jewelery.

 I enjoyed this project so much that I made a few more and I WILL be making more of them in the near future.

I have been scrounging thru' my stash of old jewelery and on the look-out for more treasures to pull to pieces at our local op shops but am finding it hard to get any there these days. I hope you enjoy looking at them as much as I did making them.

I have tried to keep them all around 6 inches long...some are a little shorter than that tho'.




This little pretty was my first. She was the one made for the swap.

 This one now lives with my dear friend Bevlea in Melbourne.










This one has a vintage mother of pearl butterfly brooch as her "crown". She looks like she is ready to "spring into action" at any given moment....LOL.










This one reminds me of an Amazon woman...don't know why cos she doesn't really look like one ....LOL

This one isn't all jewelery (obviously...vbg). Her body is of a sheet of tin that already had the all over pattern pressed into it and in it's original shape...goodness knows what it was originally but I have 4 pieces of it. It is coloured with Alcohol Inks. 








 This bright little Sprite is made using a large jigsaw    piece that I textured and then coloured with paints. She has a bottle cap head and printed wings.
I am off to bed again now so I will add more  tomorrow. 

14 comments:

Jeanie Callaghan said...

What a fantastic idea! Wish I could find some reasonably priced old jewelry. I don't know which one of your dolls I like the best! They are all wonderful.

Barb said...

Thanx for calling in again Jeanie...I do hope you can find some jewelery bits but be warned....these babies are addictive!...vbg

Cathy L. Calamas said...

Love these!! Especially the one with the propellers. :)))

Lucy said...

LOVE them all, but, my favorite is the Amazon Woman, she just speaks to me!
Keep on posting Barb!
Hugs Lucy

Anonymous said...

Lovely to see you have reacquainted yourself with your blog! The little ladies are really beautiful..... inspired me to make one too, looking forward to seeing more xxx

bockel24 said...

Wow, Barb, so many different ideas, and your dolls are just beautiful and lovely! I´ve missed your blog posts so much, it´s good to see you back!

Margaret Weiss said...

Love them all Barb.... you are an inspiration for others. xxx

Barb said...

Thank you all for stopping by and leaving such nice cawments.

Unknown said...

yay!! you're bloggin again LOL... and yes, love all your little ladies... esp the one that I was lucky enough to receive :-)

Tami said...

Beautiful dolls!!! They are so fun to look at and full of personality! Thank you for sharing, hugs,
Tami

Heather said...

I love them all. Awesome!

Barb said...

Thanx for stopping by and leaving your cawments ladies...I really do appreciate them all.

RosA said...

Love your jewellery dolls! Especially the top two. Gorgeous!

LivArtNow said...

*Oh I totally Love your mixed media dolls, they're just awesome!!! Bravo!!! hugs and smiles, Linda